Adding another floor to your home is a good choice. Not only does it give a private space for everyone, but it also adds value to your home. But here comes the most challenging part for homeowners with two-story houses – to achieve an even heating temperature on different floors at the same time. This can be very frustrating and inconvenient for the occupants who need to stay comfortable during the cold days. Worry no more, as we will hammer home the reasons why your two-story house experiences imbalanced heating temperature on different floors and how you can solve this problem. Reasons for Uneven Heating On Different Floors
- The airflow is restricted between your registrar and furnace unit.
- Your thermostat only reads the temperature of the floor that is being heated.
- Your ductwork is not improperly sealed, or its size is not right.
- Your heating unit is too small or too large for the size of your home.
- Add a Ductless Split
- Add a Second Heating System
- Add a Zoning System
- Have Your Ductwork Inspected
- Make Adjustment