Are you confident of the air you breathe inside your home? You spend much of your time inside, so you better make sure that your indoor air is clean. Poor indoor air quality is a common issue in McKinney, TN homes. And unless homeowners begin to experience the negative effects of having unhealthy air inside, they won’t give time to have the issue solved.
What affects your home’s IAQ?
- Dust, pet dander, etc. Cleaning do just little when it comes to dust and other airborne particles, you need to have the ducts cleaned also.
- Household products. There are home products that contain harmful volatile organic compounds that are circulated in the air and bring threat to one’s health.
- Mold spores and bacteria. Humidity is low in winter, but there are corners and cracks in the house that can be breeding grounds for molds.
There are noticeable signs of poor indoor air quality including musty smells that take too long to dissipate, allergies, lung irritation and breathing problems and excess dust in the surfaces.
Simple Indoor Air Quality Solutions
- Air Cleaners. Let a qualified heating and cooling technician install an effective air cleaner in your HVAC system. This helps clean the air that comes out of your vents.
- High quality Air Filters. If possible, consider HEPA filters for your home. It is efficient in trapping even microscopic air pollutants present in the air. Be sure to ask a technician’s advice before buying an air filter to prevent purchasing those which do not fit your unit. It is also important to keep air filters regularly cleaned or replaced.
- Whole house humidity control system. This is highly recommended by professionals to keep humidity inside your home at the right level. Too low or too high humidity can both contribute to poor indoor air quality and health issues.
- Routine maintenance check. Keep your home comfort system regularly maintained and tested to make sure that they’re working efficiently. Indoor air quality test can help identify the right solution for your home comfort needs.
- Duct Cleaning. Air flows through the ducts and this is also where dirt and other airborne particles combine with the air. Clean ducts regularly and seal leaks to ensure good IAQ throughout the year.
Having IAQ problem in your home? Call LoveJoy HVAC for fast and reliable services!