Did you forget something? Every day, you are focusing on meeting those tight schedules, but you did not realize that there is something in your home seeking your attention too. By any chance, have you thought of your air conditioning coils? You always get important things done but the matters like your unit’s coil seem to be noticed only when they become a problem.
Understand more about your A/C coils and know why cleaning them is essential through this post.
Types of Air Conditioning Coils
- Condenser Coils – They transfer heat into space. Under pressure, the refrigerant is forced into the coils and is condensed into a fluid, which later rejects the heat in the surface of the heat exchanger.
- Evaporator Coils – They do the opposite work of condenser coils. The liquid refrigerants are pumped into low-pressure which causes the refrigerant to evaporate, and over the process, absorbs the heat in the surface of the heat exchanger.
Importance of Coil Cleaning
Here‘s why coil cleaning is important for your air conditioning unit:
- Energy Efficient. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, a dirty condenser coil can increase the energy consumption of the compressor by 30% while a dirty evaporator coil reduces the airflow. With clean coils, you can get a more efficient A/C, which increases your energy savings every month.
- Improved Comfort. Coils are among the essential parts of your air conditioning unit, and if they do not work properly, chances are your comfort will be compromised. Residue might obstruct the efficiency of your unit. Take time to check your outdoor system and clear out the surrounding areas.
- Optimum Performance. Not cleaning your coils can reduce your air conditioning’s performance in cooling your home. Heat is trapped inside, and it ca not be released right away if the coils are covered with debris and dust. As a result, inefficient cooling, increased energy consumption, and poor performance are achieved. These issues will never happen if you have clean coils.
- Improved Lifespan. Your coils are always subjected to bugs, dirt, leaves, dust, and other tiny particles, which could impact the performance of your unit. Their presence can make your unit work harder, causing it to exert more effort than the normal operation. Regular cleaning of coils can help improve your unit’s lifespan.
Expert A/C Maintenance in Lucas, TX and Nearby Areas
With preventive maintenance, not only your coil problems are resolved, but other hidden issues in your unit are also given attention. You can always add coil cleaning service to your annual air conditioning maintenance and service plan. Here at LoveJoy HVAC, we service residential and commercial properties in Lucas, TX and nearby areas. Let us offer your air conditioning the care it deserves.